Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 10 of my Practicum


Today was really interesting - I spent the entire day in the New Americans lab helping with the morning study lab and the afternoon helping in the English Language Learner class and conversation circle.


The Hennepin County library has a partnership with the Minneapolis Public Schools so that they have an adult ed teacher who is employed by the schools but assigned to the Central Library as her "site." She does an amazing job working with the students and is teaching a variety of levels depending on where the students skills are. The students all have inspiring stories and are so dedicated to improving their language skills - I am so glad I had the privilege to work with them today!


I forgot my camera today, so no pictures...


I am feeling a bit lonely since my in-laws are both gone now and I am bouncing around in their house alone until I leave Sunday. I don't even have Tony-dog to keep me company. :(

No comments: